Columbia Journalism School Wert Prize
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
The 2020 WERT Prize nomination deadline has been extended to July 30, 2021. The Prize will be announced in October 2021.
The WERT Prize is generously funded by McKinsey & Company and the Women's Economic Roundtable.
All materials should be formatted and uploaded as PDFs. Supporting multimedia presentations should be sent as URLs. Links must remain live through Sept. 30, 2021.
The entry fee for each nomination is $50.
Materials needed for entry:
- One to five pieces of business reporting. Materials may be uploaded as PDFs or as links.
- Confirmation that the pieces appeared during 2020.
- Broadcast transcripts for radio or video reporting, or if your online entry includes audio/video components.
Supplemental materials such as a brief statement on the work as well as biography of the person who contributed to the pieces may be submitted.
Please keep in mind:
- A single article or a series of articles can be submitted. A series must be designated as such by the publication when it is printed. A regular column may also be submitted as a series.
- If submitting a series, up to five articles can be submitted.
- If a piece or series lives online, direct links may be provided. Otherwise, please upload the material to a site such as YouTube or Vimeo.
Entry fees are non-refundable.